Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wow!

One of the great things about being a parent is when your children do something you didn't know they could and it makes you think or say, wow!! Sometimes these are very positive or at least non-life threatening moments. First words, folding themselves like they are folded in half twice, when they actually say please and thank you, or even when they jump off of the couch head first and some how don't kill themselves. Today was a good day for a wow moment. Michelle was taking Hannah and Nathaniel to the doctor so I had Emma and Samuel. Two kids, no problem, easy after having four for over a year. I put Samuel down for a nap and come back up the hallway and turn the corner past the living room and into the kitchen, then I see Emma standing in the middle of the kitchen with an empty egg carton. This isn't entirely odd. We compost egg cartons and occasionally have one sitting on the counter waiting to be taken out. There weren't any eggs on the kitchen floor and the refrigerator was closed, however, there was also an egg carton on the counter waiting to be taken out. It is very unusual for us to have more than one egg carton waiting to the thrown on the compost at a time. This made me wonder were it came from and more importantly, where were the eggs? Fortunately, Emma didn't think see had done anything wrong so she was more than happy to show me were they were. In fact, I had walked right past them on my way into the kitchen. They were each individually cracked open on to the living room carpet. What was once a nice throw rug now looked like a large griddle. She looked up at me with a big smile and I just had to say, wow. Followed by, I wonder how I am going to clean that up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Wow. That would be an interesting thing to have to do. Can't take your eyes off of them for a second can you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds cute! You know, if you ignore the whole cleaning up thing.

    ReplyDelete