Monday, September 20, 2010

Green Tomatoes

Is it fair the leaves are changing color already? My eggplant is only the size of golf balls and my tomatoes may never get to be ripe and red. I do enjoy the fall, but to see the green go out of my yard and from all around me is just depressing. I know it will soon be replaced by a thick white blanket of frozen water, but it just doesn't seem right. Where will my flowers go and will they come back next year? Sure, I could have house plants, but it just isn't the same. The green can be nice but it is the orange, red, blues and purples I long for in the dead of the winter. I suppose for now I will have to be content with what little time I have left before I have to hibernate with the rest of the town. Perhaps I should get my furnace checked and put the glass back into my doors and windows. Or maybe I will wait just a little longer. The sun is out today you know.

3 comments:

  1. I know it's hard to see summer go. I'm not looking forward to winter's grayness either. But at least we have fall with all its vibrant colors. Nature's swan song.

    Enjoy the sun and blue sky today. I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John! Make fried green tomatoes! Just dip 'em in egg yolk and then some flour and BAM, fry those suckers up and you can...well, have some nice, yummy fried green tomatoes!

    I know that doesn't do anything for the Fall blues, but eating always makes everything better, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating does tend to brighten up my day.

    ReplyDelete