Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Have you ever seen a fairy?

I am always amazed when I pull children's books off of my shelf and begin to read some of the stories. One such book is a collection of short stories and poems for children. Michelle must have brought it with her when we were married because I don't remember it. Today i read 'The Fairy Who Didn't Believe in Children' by: Margaret J. Baker. I wonder how many other people have read this old story. It was a charming little story full of spirit and wonder. Tinders, the fairy seeks out those mythological creatures called children and at first is disappointed by what she finds. She grows to enjoy children however and even discovers the wonders of long division in the process. I think i will read this story to Hannah tonight. I am sure she will enjoy it, and who knows, perhaps one day she will find a fairy in our garden.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    What is the name of the collection? I have been looking and looking for this story, as well as a few others that were in the same book. I wonder if you have found it!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The name of the book is, FAMILY TREASURY OF CHILDREN'S STORIES BOOK 1 by PAULINE RUSH, EDITOR EVANS and DONALD ZZZ SIBLEY (1963). I hope it is what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete