Friday, February 11, 2011

The pool is my friend

Yesterday, I got back into the pool. It has been years since I have tried to swim 500 yards and I felt it. It took me almost 20 minutes to accomplish, what used to serve as an eight minute or less, warm up. I used to think the pool was my friend, but yesterday it felt like my enemy. I felt good the first few laps, but that feeling quickly fell away and I felt very tight and sore. What is it about taking 10 or so years off of exercise that destroys you muscles so thoroughly? Perhaps it is the taking off part. I think it will be a miracle if I can get back into shape, but I am going to give it a shot. Today should feel just as bad if not worse than yesterday and I am ready for it. After all, the pool is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment